Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

I have a problem with alarm system on my Jaguar S type,

Customer Question

Hello Richard. I have a problem with alarm system on my Jaguar S type, 2000. I can't open it with the button on the key, only with the key itself. After few second or if I open other doors the alarm starts to sound (if I haven't started the car during those seconds). Sometimes I can only unlock the car with immobilizer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
With the vehicle on and all doors closed use the lock knob on the inner door handle on the passenger side and see if all the doors lock and unlock. Then do this on the driver side. Let me know. I have a feeling we may have a faulty latch.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The thing is that the passenger door locker is disconnected from the main system( every time I have to lock or unlock it using a hand, because it had problem with alarm). From the driver side it works most of the time, but sometimes when I stop the engine and try to get off from the car the doors are locked and I cant' open any door with the lock knob. So I have to open the window and use the key to open the car from outside.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also when the car is on and during driving I have to stop for few seconds to let someone in or out, after I start to drive again back doors start to lock and unlock itself. So I have to stop, open and close driver side door. Only that would stop it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
OK it does sound like a problem in the driver door latch which may need to be replaced. Unfortunately a Jag tool would be needed to confirm this.