Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I'm getting ready to buy a a 2005 Jagwire X type it has

Customer Question

I'm getting ready to buy a a 2005 Jagwire X type it has 90,000 miles and when I drive it the right Front side sounds like an airplane could that be a bearing or a bad tire
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: The guy that I am buying it from said the front two tires need to be replaced that's all I know about the tires
JA: What is the model of your '05 Jaguar?
Customer: Text type X type
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't even bought it yet I'm supposed to buy it today
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's about it
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

That can very well be a bad wheel bearing. One way to see is to jack up the vehicle and listen to the back of the hubs with a stethoscope, (or a long pipe) while the wheels are turning, (with engine running).

.

Another is to see if the sound changes when you turn into and away from it. A bad bearing on the right side, (front) will be louder when turned to the left, (while moving) and subside when turned to the right. Visa versa for the left side.

.

.

If so then the hub assembly, (with bearings in it) would have to be replaced.

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Thanks

.