Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

I have a 2000 Jaguar XJR 4.0L, Supercharged. We replaced the

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Jaguar XJR 4.0L, Supercharged. We replaced the engine in November of 2015 (it is now September of 2016) with a 1999 XJR engine refitted to 2000 cam sensors. We now get Engine codes P0305,(Cylinder 5 misfire detected) P1314 Misfire rate catalyst damage bank 2, and from the Transmission, code P0340, Camshaft position sensor circuit malfunction. We have changed the plug and the ignitor in Cylinder #5 and the misfire indication stays on that cylinder.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Does the cam sensor fault code also return? Does the engine misfire or you just have the code?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cam sensor returns engine runs okay
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What happened? I don’t think this is any answer at all, yet. So far, you asked if the engine continues to misfire (it doesn’t) and if the cam sensor error returns (it does).Help me out here, ok?Dave
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard—I need an answer to my question. You have not provided an answer at all, you only asked two questions in response to my question.