Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

I have a 2012 xkr that the battery died on. I had a

Customer Question

I have a 2012 xkr that the battery died on. I had a locksmith open it because there was no emergency key. He used a pump to get a tool into the window and pulled the handle. After getting into the car and changing the battery, the entire car locked down. Even the override to put it in neutral doesn't work. I was told by the dealer that the car went into security mode and they have to go thru $600 worth of diagnosis to hopefully get it unlocked. They also said there is no failure because the car is designed that way. Does this sound correct?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Does a smart key not found message come on?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure if my answer went thru. Yes the smart key not found message displays when the start button is pushed