Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a beautiful 1992 jag xj40 after replacing battery

Customer Question

i have a beautiful 1992 jag xj40 after replacing battery it's beeping and lights flashing. I went to jaguar dealership they no-longer have the OBD1 unit to fix it! So how can I disarm it temporarily?
Thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Can you tell me which lights are flashing and what is beeping?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
INTERIOR LIGHTS (LT BUTTONS FOR OVER HEAD LAMPS) and exterior marker lights amber and red side/panel lights. The beeping comes from engine passenger side...I unplugged that but lights still blinking...I temporarily removed all (4) bulbs.
Just want to dis-arm for now, also having trouble locating PDU OR OBD1 connecting unit...looking for any reasonable information.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Okay I have looked through my information and unfortunately Im not listing any information on it as well due to the age. I will open the post back up for you and hopefully someone else may have the help you need.