peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

It is driving me, X-Type 2004 front driver side seal is

Customer Question

It is driving me nuts
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: X-Type 2004 front driver side seal is leaking on the trans.
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: I am Trying to remove the CV Axel housing off of the transmission and I have been trying to pull and tug it out and it is not moving. 2004
JA: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have the shaft out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: But the couple that holds the Axle or nests the axle won't pull out so I can replace the seal.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a picture if that helps. It is the Nest the CV axel sits it. It is attached to what I think is called a transfer case.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is on the transmision.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####incase it is not showing.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

My info shows this being removed with a slide hammer to pull the shaft out.The special tools needed are listed below.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yup, I have it all hooked up but it is not moving. I had to remove the strut to get the slide hammer in. I slammed on it for over an hour and it is not moving, any ideas? I have the OEM Mechanics Manual. I know I sound like an idiot but I am not lol. Not sure if putting heat on it will do the job. I don't want to destroy the other seals. I am just trying to replace on seal and hope to god it works. Rebuilding the Transmission is not an option for me.

Have you tried to put pressure on even pressure out with a pry bar while using the slide hammer?