peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I am looking at a 1989 X I am looking at a 1989 XJS V12

Customer Question

I am looking at a 1989 X
I am looking at a 1989 XJS V12 Jaguar. Am I likely to need to take a mechanic with me every time I take it out of the garage? What have been the history of this type of car both as a driver and as needing constant mechanic help?
Thanks for any info you can supply.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If there are any issues with this model it is best to have the vehicle checked over by a reputable repair center near you that is familiar with this model to check for any fault codes set,any running or driving issues as well as any mechanical issues or leaks.This is the best thing to have done on a model that your looking at purchasing.If this is or has already been done if all is o.k. then you should be o.k. to purchase this vehicle.

All vehicles can have issues off and on and some worse then the next.The V12 engine in some cases can be an issue with electronics on it in some cases as well as other issues but as long as it is checked over and found to be o.k. then you should be good to go from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete