Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

I have a 2002 Jaguar S Series and the air conditioner will

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Jaguar S Series and the air conditioner will only come on occasionally rarely otherwise there's no power to it the couple times that I've got it to come on this year it blows cold air really nice when on the highway it was fine but on City driving the car started to overheat also with the air conditioning on?....
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Sounds like we may have a problem with the electronic cooling fan. This can cause the air conditioning not to blow cold especially at idle and slow speeds. It will also cause the engine to overheat. The vehicle will also shut off the compressor if it sees the pressure rising. First we need to confirm the system is charged by checking the pressures with a set of gauges. Then we need to see if the compressor is coming on and the fan is also coming on. Let me know.