sprinkles08
sprinkles08,
9825021

I'm looking at buying a 1986 XJSHe v12. The oil heat

Customer Question

Hi - I'm looking at buying a 1986 XJSHe v12. The oil heat exchanger has been removed - seller says his mechanic told him the heat exchanger doesn't cut in until 100mph, so doesn't affect the car at lower speeds. Does that sound right to you?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

never heard of that , not true from what i know

I would not want to buy it with out the oil heat exchanger in it , especially in cold environment ?

please let me know

Thank You *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ummm , a bit confused. Your qualifications don't appear to have anything to do with automotive - and you don't appear to be a jaguar or auto mechanic. Do you have any training on the Jaguar XJS at all?
I do ,but no worries ,I will open up your question for another expert to help you.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

There is no electronic control over the oil cooler that would only turn flow on and off at certain speeds. There is constant flow through the cooler and lines any time the engine is running. I would recommend having a cooler installed if you buy the vehicle and are able to source a replacement. You coudl also have an aftermarket cooler adapted to work if necessary.