sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2000 Jaguar XJ8 and had to replace the sunroof

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Jaguar XJ8 and had to replace the sunroof assembly. I need to re calibrate the sunroof module as it works fine when you open the sunroof for the one touch feature but when closing it will not work and you have to keep the button pressed. It will not stop on the close position but rather continue until its tilted. We tried holding the button on the open position for 10 seconds and then closing the sunroof and holding for another 10 seconds to no avail.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

What you did was close to a normal calibration procedure except you'd normally hold the button for about three seconds after the glass stops in each direction. A scan tool may be needed to calibrate it if that didn't work.

You'd want to denormalize the module before calibration. Did you disconnect the battery before trying to calibrate it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we did . The module was off the car for some days until it was reinstalled.

Do you have a full capability scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we do an autel Maxy sys
but nothing for the calibrating of the sunroof.

Short of a full capability scan tool the only thing you'd really be abld to do is what it appears you've already. It's possible you have a bad motor/module.

Disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Turn the key on. Press and hold the button to open the sunroof. When it is fully open continue to hold the button to the count of three and let off. Immediately press the close button and again continue to hold it for the count of three after it stops. If this doesn't change anything then it's going to require further diagnostics and calibration with a scan tool.