peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

1990 VANDEN PLAS CODES PO 174

Customer Question

1990 VANDEN PLAS CODES PO 174 ,PO140,PO160,PO447,PO455,PO1000.. RESTRICTED PERFORMANCE LIGHT IS ON.. MY NAME IS FRANK
JA: What type of bulbs? And are you using a kit?
Customer: NO BULBS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to clear out all fault codes to see which codes then come back when you operate your vehicle.The codes that come back are the codes needing diagnosed and repaired first to see if this resolves all of the issues here.If this was already done and these are the codes that came back let me know.

This looks to be an issue with open circuits to one or more oxygen sensors that need diagnosed first to locate and repair this issue.I would have the wiring checked leading to the sensors for any issues as well as connections at the sensors.If these are all checked and found o.k. it is possible that one or more oxygen sensors are at fault internally needing replaced.This will need to be checked into further to locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete