virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

I've had my 1995 xjs conv for about 9 months...had

Customer Question

Hi. I've had my 1995 xjs conv for about 9 months...had everything brought up to snuff at Jag dealer...runs great 46k miles...However, today was out for weather 90+.a/c..temp...oil...charge...all fine no red warning lights on dash display....Then out of nowhere I get a beeping noise ( like a sound on radio when there is a emergency system test)
It beeped about 5 times ....I turned off radio....drove some more and it did it again..a couple of times...????Hard to tell but it seemed to come from speakers???? Put it in driveway till I hear from you... Don't have user manual so your thoughts would be greatly appreciated....thanks...(it's always something ain't it?)
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Did you happen to look at your radio when it happened? Did a message pop up? Usually one will with something like that.Let me know.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sonny...this is a 21 year old car there are nothing like messages on the radio it tells you mode and station you are on...Are you telling me the radio on a 1995 Jag has a message function ?????? If it does I didn't see it as I was driving at the time first instinct was to turn off the radio..The radio was are you saying with the radio off there will be a message on it when I hear the beeps???
Some further info it has a cd player in the trunk .....Anyway, I am puzzled by your response