Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I recently bought a 2005 x tpye jag 3.0 auto. At first the

Customer Question

I recently bought a 2005 x tpye jag 3.0 auto. At first the A/C was very cold. Now it is only blowing cool when driving and warm air when stopped. Got freon added by jiffy lube who said it was a little low. No change (after $100) Strange now when i go to work in the morning the A/C is working and cold. When I come out at lunch time to go home the air in now only mildly cool. That has happened the last few days. What is the likely problem?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.
First we need to confirm the cooling fans are both coming on with the a/c. If so we may have a problem with the compressor. We would need to install gauges to the system to monitor both the high and low side pressures. Jiffy lube should be able to do this with the equipment used to recharge the system unless they used just a charge can. In that case the system.should be evacuated then put under a vacuum to remove any moisture. Then it can be charged to spec. Let me know.