Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

Where is the crankshaft positioning sensor located on my

Customer Question

Where is the crankshaft positioning sensor located on my 1996 - 6 cylinder Jaguar XJS convertible?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Great. Let's get started. My name is Larry

Nice to talk to you Larry, I have attached a picture of the location. It is on the front crankshaft pulley at the top left. It is behind the belts. If you look there, you should have no trouble finding it!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will go look right now to see if I can find it. If I don't see it what do we do then? The picture is not very good to help locate the sensor.

I'm sorry, it's the best one I have. That's why I tried to add some explanation with it. Good luck!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think I see it. Time will tell. Thank you.

You are more than welcome. Good luck! Also, please don't forget to leave a positive rating if you were satisfied with my service!

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you have found your sensor. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Hi, this is Josh checking in on your progress. Please let me know if you are still in need of help. Also, please don't forget to rate my service.

Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 8 months ago.

Hi, this is Josh checking in for an update. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Also, please take a moment to rate my service.

Hi, this is Josh again. I noticed there hasn't been any activity on this message board in a week and that you haven't rated my answer. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know. If not, please take a moment and rate my answer. Thank you!