peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Have 2001 jaguar xk8 blower blows strong on idle but nothing

Customer Question

have 2001 jaguar xk8 blower blows strong on idle but nothing when you accelarate
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the blower still sounds the same with this issue here when the fault occurs it is possible one or more actuators in the heater box is closing or moving causing loss of air flow.I have seen this before in the past.If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers this needs done.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete