peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

On new 2016 xjl no sound on Sirius but not sure on radio.

Customer Question

On new 2016 xjl no sound on Sirius but not sure on radio. Then when it sits for a long time the sound returns
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I see you have posted above no sound on Sirius but not sure on radio,can you try the FM or AM radio or a cd and see if you have sound then and let me know?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just sirius

O.k.,since this only occurs with Sirius radio this sounds like a fault with the satellite receiver.I have seen some of these act up before with the receiver as the cause.If the satellite channels all select and come in properly to where you can change channels this sounds like the fault here.Either that or when your vehicle was built a connector was not seated properly or left disconnected as I have seen this occur as well.

Since your model is a 2016 this should be covered under factory warranty at a dealer to have diagnosed and repaired at no cost to you.This is the best option as any other shop or person tampering with it can void the warranty repair in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete