Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

02 jag x-type key will not open drivers side and passenger

Customer Question

02 jag x-type key will not open drivers side and passenger side doors but will unlock back doors have to open front doors from inside and even that is a little hard to do
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: thought It might be a battery problem cause car sat for a few days but when I got in her she started up right away
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have never programmed the remote control always open and lock manually
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.
Since the other doors will lock and unlock we most likely have failed lock actuator motors in the front doors. The only common circuit they share is with the control module. Since the rears are working then the module is most likely not the problem. I also have seen some issues with the wire harness that goes into the door. We can try flexing that loom from the body to the door to.see if this effects the problem.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do I do that
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.
Replacing the latches is not that difficult but the door panels need to be removed and the cables and rods could be tricky. A shop or dealer will probably charge about an hour or so labor each door. What we can try is open each door. You will see a black rubber loom going from the door to the body. Try moving that loom to see if the locks start to work indicating there may be a problem in that harness loom.