peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

How are the wires hooked up to the distributor cap, I

Customer Question

how are the wires hooked up to the distributor cap
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I replaced the ignition wires and distributor cap and want tp know the order and [osition of the wire hookup on the distributor
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 71 xke series 2
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have installed the wires based on the 1,5,3,6,2,4 firing order with the number one wire connected to the distributor terminal facing the number one plug but the car starts but has no power
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since this is an older model in some cases info like this with the wiring may be difficult to obtain.In some cases you can still obtain this info from a dealer or local repair center that works on this model here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete