peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Rt front door will not open with key or fob or dash switch

Customer Question

rt front door will not open with key or fob or dash switch on az 96 jag
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '96 Jaguar?
Customer: sj6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: ignition switch sticks hard to turn sometimes
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
after credit card info I clicked on member instead of continue???
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually what causes this fault here is an issue with the door latch itself.I have seen the latch fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue here on several models.Unfortunately if the door is stuck closed this may require removing the door paneling with the door stuck closed and can damage the paneling to where it would need repaired or replaced after the latch is inspected and repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete