Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

I have a Jaguar xf 2009 luxury edition. I took it to a

Customer Question

I have a Jaguar xf 2009 luxury edition. I took it to a British Performance mechanic and they they said my modules underneath the front seat were wet and rusted. My screen flickers on and off and I get no audio, bluetooth, and vents no longer open or close.. They quoted me $2500 to fix it, and I don't have the money for that! What can I do?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I know nothing about cars, so that is why I took it to the mechanic.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Also the top lights turn on by themselves without me pushing them? The navigational screen keeps blinking on and off every 20 seconds. Again my navigation screen will not do anything! My iphone connectivity which normally is heard over the speakers does not work either! This is a nightmare!
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The lights over the top of my head that I use in case I need to read something.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

did they give you a print out of what modules they are replacing under the seat and were there any fault codes retrieved and did they writ them on the diagnostic report ?

that is way to high they must be quoting new module at full retail price , it depends what they are changing ,sometime you can get away with used ones , but would still need programing but will be much cheaper if you have the used module option

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

let stay on this one , talk to you soon

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, I will! Thank you again!

ok have great weekend

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You have a great weekend as well Chad! Will respond back on Monday!