sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Jaguar 2006 x-type. wipers turn on itself many a times even

Customer Question

jaguar 2006 x-type. wipers turn on itself many a times even if the wiper switch is in off position and turn off itself. but now dont turn off without removing wiper switch fuse F8. and in this position only slow and fast rotating actions work. and the intermittent not works.
and also one rotation wiping does not work by pulling the lever up. washer spraying works by pressing the end button in.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What you're describing are the normal symptoms when there is no signal from the park switch inside the wiper motor. The park switch sends a signal when the motor passes through the position where the arms would be when the motor should shut off. If the park switch signal is missing then it will cause what you're describing.

It would take some electrical testing to know for sure but most likely the wiper motor is going to need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Satisfaction level 5 out of 10.

If you need more help I don't have a way of knowing without communication.