Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech

The answer that the last jag mechanic gave me was incorrect

Customer Question

The answer that the last jag mechanic gave me was incorrect and the problem still persists after using his advise. The wipers on my 06 XJ8 Jag wont par correctly, they park in the middle of the windshield. I replaced the wiper motor as directed by Kevin who is a Jag expert with Just Answers and the same problem existed
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 months ago.

Hello Matt and thank you for your question,

Do you have access to a scan tool that can read the switch position in the front electronic module?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No at the moment
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 months ago.

Kevins answer was correct in most cases because the park switch is incorporated into the wiper motor and that them most common cause for this type of problem so providing your new motor is not defective this problem can also be caused by a failing switch or in some cases a bad Front electronic module. These can be checked with a scan tool. Do you think you will have access to one at some point?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will on Monday. Where is the FEM? should i just go ahead and replace the module? What else does that module control?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 months ago.

The FEM is behind the left side cowl panel . See the location in the link below. Have a look at these steps and see if this will help you get this resolved.

See the test steps in this link,

See the wiper wiring diagram in this link for testing reference as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 months ago.

Matt, I did a little digging on this for you and found a service bulletin thats worth looking at that deals with a connection concern. See it below as it may apply. Check this first.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just replaced the motor so that should have solved that connection problem.... what do u think?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 months ago.

I would review the service bulletin and its steps just to be sure.