peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Rear reversing sensor stuck in bumper, 2nd from the left

Customer Question

Rear reversing sensor stuck in bumper
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: 2nd from the left stuck 1/2 way into bumper. how difficult to remove rear bumper can't get my fingers in - not enough room
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2014 XF
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just wondered if you could get the bumper off and re-align it?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope it has just got pushed in 1/2 way and leaves beep on permanently when reversing, but beep goes after going forwards again. All seems a bit flimsy!
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Before I can post the info on how this bumper cover is removed (as it will need removed to replace the sensor or sensor bracket as one usually breaks and causes this,or to install the sensor) can you tell me if this is the 4 door model?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
4 door model Yes

O.k.,here is the removal procedure for the rear bumper.

Removal steps may contain installation details.

1 Remove the rear lamp assemblies.(there should be screws that hold this in place)

Torque to: ***** *****

1 To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Once this is removed then check the sensor and bracket to see if one or the other needs replaced or find a way to secure the sensor to the bracket flush as it was before.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete