Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2003 jag s type. car starts runs fine. hour or so then,

Customer Question

2003 jag s type . car starts runs fine. for an hour or so then, warning lights come on and steering gets a little stiff. run ok. If you stop, and try to restart it. it will not start unless you jump it. Also the fob is slow to respond. HELP!!!
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: IT IS NEW
JA: What is the model of your '03 Jaguar?
Customer: S-TYPE
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NEW BATT. AND ALTERNATER
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NOT THAT I CS
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.
Is there a battery warning on? Any other warnings on?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
all warning light come and flash . Also the speed teach fuel &temp go to sleep and wake up when the lights go out.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Ok it does sound like a voltage issue. If the battery and alternator have been replaced it is possible one is defective. I also recommend we check all the power and ground cable connections. I have seen some issues with the power cables going to the alternator as well as the ground for the engine. Also let me know if you have a V6 or V8 engine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
V6. 3.0
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.
OK please check the heavy gauge wire from the starter to the alternator to make sure it is not burnt or corroded. Also in the passenger front wheel arch there is the main battery cable connection as well as the engine ground. Make sure both are clean and secure. The engine ground is on the bottom starter stud so make sure that is also not damaged.