Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

1998 Jag XK8. Drove it home parked it in the garage. Won't

Customer Question

1998 Jag XK8. Drove it home parked it in the garage. Won't start now, flashing light next to shifter, key not working was before ...
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: Blink. Just to the left of the shifter "P"
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It stopped I had it towed. They couldn't figure it out. But one mech said disconnect the terminal, I don't remember which one, for three minutes. It then started and the key worked. Drove it home parked it in garage, cut it off, light came on and it wouldn't start. It has a new battery. That was installed before all of this crap...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Both back brake lights have burned/shorted out but that was not a problem because the car was running even when that happened...
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Is the engine cranking but not starting or not even cranking? Does the vehicle lock and unlock with the remote or the switch on the dash?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do not want your service. Please discontinue e mails