peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Have a 2004 s type 4.2 and issue started that headlights

Customer Question

Have a 2004 s type 4.2 and issue started that headlights would stay on for extended time (>20 mins) after car shut down and locked.
Now indicator runs fast
No high beam
No horn
No wipers
No front indicators back ones work ok
And no Power steering
Any thoughts appreciated
Thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The faults you have described here can be due to an internal electrical fault in the GEM (general electronic module).This is a computer that monitors and controls the electronics like these here that can be common to fail and cause issues like this.I have had to replace this module before for issues very similar to this here.I would have the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set and if any are set they will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.I suspect the GEM will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete