peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My 2003 XJ8 Jajuar trunk will not release with the trunk

Customer Question

My 2003 XJ8 Jajuar trunk will not release with the trunk release in car,by remote or key.Battery is good.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like the common fault of the trunk latch itself.I have seen the trunk latch fail in the past before needing replaced for issues like this here.Usually this will require a dealer or lock smith to come out and use their tools to unlock and open the trunk then the latch replaced.In some cases the trunk key cylinder would have to be drilled out to then trigger the latch to release then both the latch and cylinder replaced unfortunately as there is no real easy way to access the latch when it is stuck shut like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete