Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a suspected dead battery on my 2013 xf - with a jump

Customer Question

I have a suspected dead battery on my 2013 xf - with a jump box in place I get error message that it can't find the key fob I held the key fob to dash as noted in the owners manual and still no sucess
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: have not changed the battery - did not test with volt meter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: other than trying to jump with jumpbox haven't tried anything else - I did replace the battery in the keyfob
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.
Will the remote unlock the vehicle? Does the touchscreen display turn on when.you open the driver door? Does the hazard switch illuminate with the door open?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
remote doesn't unlock doors (only switch that works on remote is the lights) touchscreen displays only the jaguar image - don't remember is hazard switch is on or note
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.
OK this could be a battery issue or problem with one of the modules that control the vehicle security systems. Even though you have a jumper on the battery if it has a bad cell it still can cause a voltage loss. I recommend we disconnect the battery and have it fully charged. You can disconnect the battery and place the jumper box directly. To the battery cables to see if the locking will work.