peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

How can I permanently disable the Auto Stop / Start on a

Customer Question

How can I permanently disable the Auto Stop / Start on a 2016 Maserati Ghibli.
I was able to do so on a 2013 Jaguar XF by removing the positive terminal on the auxiliary battery in the trunk. If I remove the power source (fuse or relay) will it disable it. If so, which fuse or relay?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually this has to be programmed by a dealer to disable this here with their computer plugged into your model.If this was not attempted I would see if they can do this for you as some are an option to have this done and some are not.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete