Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

Have 2006 x type AWD 3.0 Battery light keeps coming on

Customer Question

Have 2006 x type AWD 3.0 Battery light keeps coming on battery replaced now air conditioner checked. mechanic said can't read computer output. but have electrical problems. How bad is it?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your battery light is controlled by the duty cycle to the alternator from the PCM (computer) and when it comes on it simply means the alternator is not charging and its not usually due to a battery concern. The fact that is not charging may be why the AC is not coming on. You stated your mechanic hooked up to computer and got a list of problem. In most cases when the PCM sees a charging system fault it will set a fault code. Do you have the fault codes he retrieved when he ran the scan? Post back with them and I will see if I can help you with this concern.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do not have any codes. said about 10 showed up recommends electrical system check up
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Well then his next step would be to check the charging system when the battery light is coming on. In most cases this usually means the alternator is failing.