Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 AWD Car will not shut off-- When key

Customer Question

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 AWD
Car will not shut off-- When key is out of the ignition the dash lights are still on... and the interior fan is still blowing and will not shut off. The dash is reading security failure and car will not crank nor start. I am getting the following codes.
U1900
B2208
B1600
B1359
PLEASE HELP
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

let me check on these codes and get back to you

locate the fuel pump relay and pull it out , it will be in the engine compartment relay box under the hood

cut fuel off for now to cut it off .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no engine is not running it is just the climate control fan and inside instrument cluster running

ok i got you ,though u referring to engine

you probably have the blower motor stuck on , the blower motor resistor or the BCM module that controls it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok at first yes the engine was running and we pulled relay! Now it will not restart and items I mentioned are running

This the U1900 , it has several condition for failure

all the other B code you gave me are not a valid code for the 05 jaguar x- type 3.0

they all refer to a can network loss of communication , testing has to be carried out to determine, If you have a jaguar or equivalent scanner you can actual run a test on the can system and see where is the break in it.

The most likely cause of this probably the a/c controller in dash, that control a/c & heat but testing is needed i can confirm it for you

Please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the AC control would cause a no crank condition and the security fault... It is saying that the car has lost communication with key transponder

An a/c module could cause the security module to be off line and then causing the pcm not to allow start authorization since it cant see the security module .

what have you tired so far , are you trying to fix this yourself ,do you have the scanner & equipment needed .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have all equipment needed

ok great , run can bus line test and see where is the break