Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech

The shifter its geting locked, once, but it also move the

Customer Question

the shifter its geting locked
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: once
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: but it also move the wipers
JA: What year is your Jaguar?
Customer: 98
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes change the bulbs in the bak
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
its a 98 xj8 jaguar 116 miles it does it and most of the time is when i turn the lights on ,the wiper start moving and the lights flashing but it dont do it all the time please advise
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please explain what type of problem you are having, are you saying the shiftier will not shift out of park or are you having a windshield wiper problem? Post back with as many details as you can I will see if I can help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What happened is. It's getting the shifter locked most of the time but that car start and when it's not locked everything works fine but when I turn the lights on the wiper start moving on the lights star flashing can you see the red light on the shifter getting on please advice
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately this is something that I do not think I can fix with out being there to do some hands on testing. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else may have something new to add. If they can help they will post back.