Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

2004 xj8 restricted perform faults p1338,p1235,p1236,p0230

Customer Question

car has 150k on it car runs replaced fuel pump and presure sensor on rail still has restricted performance runs but will not accerat over 3000 rpm when driving
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

We may have a problem with the fuel pump driver module which is built into the Rear Electronics Module. It is located in the trunk behind the passenger side. We should check the connections there to mak sure they are clean and secure. It also could be the wiring going to the REM from the ECM. We will need to check fuel pressure at the rail to be sure. If a new or used REM is installed it must be programmed unfortunately.