Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My smart key is stuck in the Docking station. I purchased a

Customer Question

My smart key is stuck in the Docking station. I purchased a NEW BATTERY in hopes that it would release it.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: I can have the Battery Fluid checked real quick. I just had a Brand New Battery installed.
JA: What year is your Station?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Jaguar XF SUPERCHARGER
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was fine until my battery died. It asked that I install the key into the station. I did so. Afterwards, the key is stuck. I bought a new battery, had it installed, yet it's still stuck in there.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Did it say smart key low battery or smart key not found? Right now does it say check smart key when you press the start switch?