Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

My smart key is stuck in the Docking station. I purchased a

Customer Question

My smart key is stuck in the Docking station. I purchased a NEW BATTERY in hopes that it would release it.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: I can have the Battery Fluid checked real quick. I just had a Brand New Battery installed.
JA: What year is your Station?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Jaguar XF SUPERCHARGER
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was fine until my battery died. It asked that I install the key into the station. I did so. Afterwards, the key is stuck. I bought a new battery, had it installed, yet it's still stuck in there.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.
Did it say smart key low battery or smart key not found? Right now does it say check smart key when you press the start switch?