sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Can't get voltage to injectors. is there a special meter to

Customer Question

Can't get voltage to injectors. is there a special meter to check voltage i.e. is it measured in milivolts? I noticed the vacuum reservoir tank located in the left front wheelwell is missing. Does the ECU need vacuum to initiate startup and the ECU be checked? I currently have it out of vehicle.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The injectors will only have power when the engine is cranking. the ECM supplies them with ground and they are controlled with a high side driver.

The best way to check for injector pulse is with an incandescent test light on the driver wire with the alligator clip connected to chassis ground. With the engine cranking the test light should flash. Have you checked this way?