Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My jag wont start, the starter works but the engine just

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my jag wont start, the starter works but the engine just wont make it
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery is brand new, i have just replace it, the engine is not starting
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: Jaguar XF 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do hope that I can fix this by myself, this has happened twice, first time I thought it was the battery so I replaced it and it was normal, when it happened for the second time I sent the car to the dealer and they told me they need to change the airflow sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Sometime this happened but the engine will be able to start after few tries
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Right now is the engine cranking normally but not starting? Any fault warning lights or messages on?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yeah and no warning sign coming out
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Based on your description it sounds like we may have a failing in tank low pressure fuel pump. This will be difficult to diagnose without a Jag factory tool which can monitor the fuel pressures on both the low and high pressure. We can do a visual inspection to make sure there are no loose intake tubes and all is properly connected.