Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Passenger side seat back is not working and was told that

Customer Question

passenger side seat back is not working and was told that module is not sending signal to the motor which is working
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 55000 mile automatic
JA: What is the model of your '53000 Jaguar?
Customer: XKR 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to fix the seat the module as indicated need to be replaced or repaired
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes he powered the motor directly and it does work that we know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.
the seat control module can cause this issue and it will need to be replaced. When replacing it with a new or used part it must have the same part number and programming suffix known as the VCATS. There is a white label in the spare wheel well towards the rear of the vehicle. It will show all the modules. You need to find PSM or PSCM and you will see the complete part number and programming code. Let me know.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Richard, I spent $5 so you can tell me what I indicated to you in my responses to your question I knew the module is not working I said that if you read what I wrote ?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.
unfortunately I have not had much success repairing these units which is why they will need to be replaced with the same programming code otherwise it will not function.