Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Have a 1998 jaguar that I had some brake work and shock

Customer Question

have a 1998 jaguar that I had some brake work and shock replacement done, and a few weeks later my ABS warning light and the stability warning light is on, neither of these warnings were on before, I am wondering if jaguar parts were used on my car because when I first picked it up from the shop I noticed that there was much to much play in the wheels
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Usually replacing the brakes and shocks should not cause any issues with the ABS system however it is possible there is an issue with one of the speed sensors as the sensor or wire harness could have been disrupted during the repair. Unfortunately it will be impossible to diagnose this without knowing the stored fault codes in the ABS control module. A Jag factory tool or equivalent will be needed to do this. If you can get the four digits code it will help in the diagnosis. It will read a C followed by four digits like C1095. Let me know.