Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

ABS & trac control lights flickered off and on while now

Customer Question

ABS & trac control lights flickered off and on for a while now stay on full time
JA: Have you checked the fluids? Have the brakes been shaking or squeaking?
Customer: speed sensors ohm ok battery went dead while sitting so replaces with new one after two days car started right up but amp guage went to 17amps then started coming down went into limp home mode
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2002 XK8 conv
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no have car at local shop
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not than i can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** most common thing to cause these lights to come on is a failed wheel speed sensor which is about a $500 job to repair depending on where you go. Shop should connect scan tool to vehicle to get diagnostic codes which should specify which wheel speed sensor has failed. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.