Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

I know nothing about the headlight system of the 1985 XJ6. I

Customer Question

Hi, I'm ***** ***** and I know nothing about the headlight system of the 1985 XJ6. I did test several lamps that they tested OK. Then I attacked the relay 4RD001836-05 12V only to find the parts person gave me a lucas WO###-##-####LUC where the posts are different and could no be swapped straight across. What a fix I'm in now lol . I have no idea which wires go where. Is there any hope for this idiot?
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 71,000 miles and the battery is less that two years old
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced two lamps, R/H and R/L. There is no action on the lamps except to flash when the lever is pulled (high only) I'd like to do the job myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: If I could figure out which wires go where on the relay, I'd be a happy camper.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do both relays have a diagram printed on the side of them? numbers for the pins