Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

My Jaguar super v8 has been in the garage and battery a bit

Customer Question

My Jaguar super v8 has been in the garage for awhile and battery a bit weak. Car starts but parking brake is stuck. what needs to be done. car starts fine. I disconnected and reconnected battery.
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: No codes. Just parking brake fault message. car has only 11,000 miles.
JA: What year is your Super V8?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnected battery and reconnected, that's all
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. The car is really like brand new.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.
This is caused by the low battery voltage. The parking brake module will need to be reprogrammed in order to reset it. This can only be do E with a Jag compatible scan tool. If disconnecting the battery does not work we need to disconnect the parking brake module in the trunk behind the passenger side tr cover. Leave it disconnected over night to see if it will reset. Also please make sure the battery is fully charged. Low voltage while cranking will cause it to stay stuck. Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. I will try again one more time.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else.