C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

Thank you time. Yes I replaced the battery brand new one and

Customer Question

Thank you for your time. Yes I replaced the battery for a brand new one and I'm still getting the Pecus Error G message. What does G mean. Thank you
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 5 months ago.

This means there is a general error in the system. The only way you are going to be able to diagnose the problem is pulling the codes from the system. Most of the parts stores can use the code readers to pull the codes from the system for free. I would start with having them pull the codes from the computer so we can find out exactly what is throwing the error code.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I went to the auto parts store and they tell me they only have scanners to read the check engine light codes, and not for what I'm having an issue with. My check engine light is not on. Any other word of advice you could give me about this Pecus error G? Thank you

I was really hoping to get a code that way I could pinpoint closer to the problem. The Error G means there is a fault in the gearbox. If the system is detecting anything abnormal in the shifting or one of the sensors it will throw out the error. Sometimes if you have a good enough code reader it will give the codes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the gear box is not communicating to the Ecu. ( Programming Electronic Control Unit) is what I was told Pecus means. Is there a way I can clear it?

You can disconnect the battery for five minutes and touch the cables together than reconnect. But if the codes come back you will need a good enough handheld to scan the codes. It can be wiring issue sensor. I would look around for any damage to the connectors making sure they are good and tight.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay where can I look for these connectors?

They go to the transmission. I will try to look up some pictures tonight.