C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

I need help with this Pecus Error G message I keep getting

Customer Question

I need help with this Pecus Error G message I keep getting on my cluster dash. Please help?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 10 months ago.

Good evening, The dash puts this error out anytime the battery is not giving out the proper voltage. Have you had the battery tested recently?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I actually replaced the whole battery thinking it was this!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What does G mean?

This means there is a general error in the system. The only way you are going to be able to diagnose the problem is pulling the codes from the system. Most of the parts stores can use the code readers to pull the codes from the system for free. I would start with having them pull the codes from the computer so we can find out exactly what is throwing the error code.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had a friend connect it to his computer but it could not read the Ecu codes because it will not connect to it. I was able to erase the check engine light but that's it. I will try and see if the auto parts store can help me tomorrow in the Morning thank you.

You are very welcome.