C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.

Cooling fan on after short drive, no engine light but needle

Customer Question

Cooling fan on after short drive, no engine light but needle drifting to hot on short drive home. Coolant nipple found broke and reservoir empty, if you repair nipple connection and refill coolant reservoir is there anything special that needs to be done?
JA: Have you inspected the hoses? Have you checked the radiator fluid?
Customer: Tell me how to check radiator fluid?
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: Jag 2004 sportwagon
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just want to know what to check as much of issues before trying to find someone to work on a jag, where is the radiator check on this jag?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can you give me a idea where radiator cap is?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

The only thing you will need to do is top off the cooling system and bleed out any air. With the cap off of the resorvoir you will fill up the cooling system. Start and run the vehicle leaving the cap off. This will force out the air. You will also find the upper radiator hose and press down on it forcing the air to come through. Once all of the air is out you will put the cap on and everything will be golden.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do you fix broken nipple without changing all of reservoir and what kind of coolant is required?

waa m97b44-d this is the type your vehicle takes but you can use a 50/50 mixture of prestone. Now the only thing you can do is use a jb weld type product and try and get it back together. If not you will have to replace the entire reservoir. I have done it for customers in a bind before. Make sure you buy the stuff that sets good with plastic and it should do the trick.