Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

1997 Jag XK8. I had installed a dash cam int my car. I had

Customer Question

1997 Jag XK8. I had installed a dash cam int my car. I had got the power from the dome light to hard wire it. I now have dome lights that will not work with the button pressed in. The lights will come on when the doors are opened. One thng I recall I had two live wires at the plug, after wards there was only one that had power. What may of happened here?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Have a look at the enclosed wiring diagram and see the 3 fuse that could affect the dome light power system. Start with checking them to be sure none are blown. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Dome%20light%20Jun%2015.pdf