Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

The back of the front seat on my Jaguar XK8 has gone back

Customer Question

The back of the front seat on my Jaguar XK8 has gone back into full reclining position and will not return to upright. It's electrically operated and will not respond to any switch but there is some slight backward movement, any suggestions would be appreciated. David , Tunbridge Well Kent
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible as my Jag mechanic is miles away
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Releasing the mechanical lever at the top of the seat which allows the seat back to come forward, but it dosnt lock into position when you return the back rest it just flops to fully recline
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: It's seven years old with fifty thousand miles on the clock and in super condition ,and I love it!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

Hi David,

Did the seat go back by itself?

I've seen seat harnesses short on the framework, that causes the seat back to fold in either direction depending on the fault.

The seat needs to come out for harness inspection.

Maybe a little difficult to drive to your repairer at the moment though.

Maybe he can come to you?

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

Hi David,

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary