Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehciles
45790705

I have a 97 jaguar vandem plas car was running good I drove

Customer Question

I have a 97 jaguar vandem plas car was running good I drove it to church parked went in and came back out and no crank I left it over night came back the next day and it started right up drove it home parked got up the next day and car wont say anything . I checked the battery , starter, I also changed the part that mounts to the transmission can t remember part name still no crank
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi , my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my 97 jaguar vandam plas was running good drove it to church parked ,came back out now it wont crank it did this to me one other time but I waited for an hour and it started up ,so after starting I drove it home got up the next day now it won t say a word . I replaced the battery, starter neutral safty swt. checked fuses and still no crank oh it did try to start from the starter

and did it start from starter by jumping it ?

Do you a have a security led light flashing or staying steady on in the dash ?

pleased let me know

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I could have started it but I didn t want to mess anything up no itd not a led light on the dash

it looks there is no signal from switch to starter ,

1- we need to know if it is an igntion swicth problem ?

2- Or a security alarm triggered and causing the signal loss

3- Starter relay problem

4-I sent you a diagram of all you fuse boxes , one box next to the air box has a starter relay in it , pull it out and replace with a know good one and see if that will make a difference and let me know the diagram will show the location of the starter relay & also look for the igntion positive relay and check that too

5-Have tried a master reset , by simply disconnecting battery cables ( both negative & positive ) hold together for 20sec , then let it go , wait 10 mini then reconnect battery ) this will show if any module reset and made start again ?

Let me know

Thank You

Chad ( aka -Jhook1398)

If the diagram I sent you is hard to see the starter relay ,, it will be the first relay in the fuse box closer to your airbox , it will be the first relay inline starting from outside to inside .

Those fuse box cover will have a label ID where u can look at it to for starter relay location

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hey chad got to leave to go to church can I reply later or tommorow

Hey , no problem , we will talk later , I will be online till 12 pm tonight and back on at 9 am daily ,so just let me know .

Have a blessed day .

Thank You

Chad F ( aka-Customer)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you

you are welcome

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
whats up chad its me again I was waiting for the diagram but I changed all of the relays and same problem no crank

starter relay is the in the box top right corner , it will be the first relay in the engine fuse box towards outside the car .

The fuse box in the engine compartment next to the airbox ( where air filter goes ) starter relay is in that fuse box last one at the end of the box

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

hey sir we can continue here

hello

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
phone call sounds good

what is a good time for you ? day and time and I will set it up