Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

97 jaguar vadem plas will not çrank from the key switch : No

Customer Question

97 jaguar vadem plas will not çrank from the key switch
JA: In addition to the key, do you also have a key fob? Do you have a key code?
Customer: No what is a key code
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car was running fine all of a sudden I would drive to church go in come back out n car won't crank wait the next day n it would finally start now it won't crank at all not a word
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery ,starter ,are good I also changed the item that mounts on the side of the transmission
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Will the shifter release from park with the ignition ON and foot on the brake? If so will it start in neutral? DO the power door locks work? Does the vehicle power up normally when you just turn the key to the ON position?