Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Turns the key only get a click sound.In the past I wiggle

Customer Question

Turns the key only get a click sound.In the past I wiggle the key to get contact.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Yes,tried trying to rock it.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This has happened in the past. But after a while it would start after wiggling the key. Today it is not happening
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: First I need to get the switch out to check the connection. Don't know how to remove it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: No, the battery is fully charged.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
What year and model Jag? Is the vehicle powering up normally when you turn the ignition ON?