Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

I have a fault code c1279 yaw rate sensor on a jaguar xkr.

Customer Question

I have a fault code c1279 yaw rate sensor on a jaguar xkr. DSC not available. ABS light is on. Cannot clear fault at all, the scanner just tells me "clear codes failed" All wheel speed sensors have been replaced. ABS pump/ecu has been checked and I have been told that there is no fault with it. I have checked the wheel speed signals at the ecu and they are all ok. Tried a different yaw rate sensor but to no avail. Please help me. Thanks
JA: Is there a code associated with the error? Have you checked the ABS fluid?
Customer: codes c1236,c1233,c1279,c1175,c1165 & u2515 all come up and as I say they will not clear. If you mean the brake fluid level yes that is ok, I have had the abs pump off, refitted it and bled the whole brake system
JA: What year is your Xkr?
Customer: 2003. 4196cc supercharged
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I started with left rear wheel speed sensor, as that was the 1st code shown, followed by left front wheel speed sensor. ABS pump/ecu has been checked, yaw rate sensor changed, my scanner is a Snap-on solus, it fails to clear any codes associated with the abs, it will clear engine fault codes
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: As listed before
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: The battery is the original and has been discharged several times during these operations, but has charged up ok. One thread had suggested a poor battery might cause the problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.
Can I have the last six digits of your VIN? Was the module replaced or swapped out?